Jackson Lumber Catalog

2014 Jackson Lumber & Millwork becomes the first New England dealer to be named National Dealer of the Year by ProSales Magazine . 2016 Jackson Lumber & Millwork employees and the Torrisi family celebrate 70 years in business. The Torrisi family continues to give back to the community and industry with their time, leadership, and contributions, following the founder’s motto— ”You gain more in life by giving than taking.” 2017 To better serve customers in greater Boston, the fifth Jackson Lumber & Millwork location opens at the site of E. G. Barker Lumber in Woburn, MA. Our Company History 1946 Jackson Lumber & Millwork is launched by the Torrisi family. Led by Joe Torrisi and his brothers, and located on Jackson Street in Lawrence, MA, the company soon became the largest building materials supplier in the community . 1950 - 1965 After acquiring several parcels of land on the south side of the city, the entire business operation was moved to Market Street. During this time a second generation of family members joined the company. 1979 The final piece of adjoining property was retrofitted, providing an entire city block to house all company operations. 1985 - 2001 Several sites in the Merrimack Valley and southern NH including Haverhill, MA, and Salem, NH, were acquired to handle growth of the millwork and lumber divisions. During this period, a third generation of family members joined the company ranks. 2003 - 2006 22 acres of land were acquired in Raymond, NH. Over 100,000 sq. ft. of buildings were erected to house the entire millwork manufacturing arm of the company, in addition to a spacious drive-thru lumber yard and contractor showroom. 2008 Jackson Kitchen Designs, a beautiful, well-appointed kitchen showroom featuring cabinetry by major manufacturers, with a staff of experienced designers, is located in North Andover, MA. 2010 Substantial assets and key personnel are acquired from a southern NH commercial and residential millwork manufacturer. 2012 A lumber and building materials yard, 12,000 sq. ft. hardware store, and showroom opened in Amesbury, MA. Family Owned & Operated Since 1946